Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Once again, Christmas has come faster than I would like. Sometimes I feel as though my life is in fast forward--and I can't reach the pause button! Too fast for my taste.

Madison was up at 8:30 this morning (the kid loves to sleep) and Hunter got up with her. I was half awake, half asleep, so Fisher and I stayed in the bed until about 9:00. It is so great to see their excitement, to see that Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk. That was always one of my favorite things to see--It made everything a little more real--to think that he was actually in my house, and he ate the cookies I left him and drank the milk. Actually, it was usually peanut butter fudge that I left (something that my dad suggested). Years later I realized why he was always wanted me to leave fudge instead of cookies!

We had a good day today, lots of family, and lots of good food. Here are two of the recipes that I fixed today--not mine, but from my sweet little pampered chef girl--she has the best stuff!

Sausage-Cheese Muffins (these are alot like sausage balls, only better because they are much bigger)

1 (1 lb) package ground pork sausage
3 cups Bisquick
1 1/2 Cups of Shredded Cheese (I like to buy the two cup bags and just put the whole thing in)
1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cheese soup
3/4 water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown sausage, drain, and cool. (If you have a PC Micro cooker, it works great for this!)

Combine sausage, Bisquick, and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.

In a separate bowl, stir together soup and 3/4 cup water. Add to sausage mixture, stirring just until moistened. Scoop into muffin pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.


Christmas Punch

1 (2 Liter) Sprite (Chill in freezer just enough to make it slushy)
1 Large can of Pineapple juice
2 packs of strawberry kool-aid mix
1 cup sugar

Mix all ingredients together. Enjoy!


No comments: